China Student visa Process
China Student Visa (X)
Chinese student visa, also known as the X visa, is issued to aliens who come to China for study, advanced studies, or fieldwork. It can be divided into two types:
X1 visa: For long-term study > 180 days
X2 visa: For short-term study ≤ 180 days
The validity of both is 90 days from the date of issue, while the stay duration for X1 visa is usually 000, which needs to be determined after the applicant enters China, and that for X2 visa is not more than 180 days.
For international students, it’s necessary to find an organization accredited for offering courses or internships to foreigners so that they will send a JW201 or JW202 form and an admission letter.
China Student Visa Requirements & Documents
– Applicant’s original passport valid up to at least six months with at least one blank page.
2. Application Form
– One accurately and truthfully completed China Student Visa Application Form.
3. Recent Photo
– Affix one recent passport style color photo with full face, front view, no hat, and against a plain light background onto the application form.
4. Admission Notice
– Original and a copy of Admission Notice from the Chinese university or school.
5. JW201 or JW202 Form – for X1 application only
Original and a copy of approved Foreign Student Visa Application Form JW201 or JW202.
1. Since US students can now apply for the five-year X1 visa, their passports should have a remaining validity of at least one year if applying for the 5-year X1 visa.
2. The JW201 or JW202 form should be obtained through the school you are to enroll at. JW201 form is issued to international students dispatched by government or funded by Chinese government scholarships while JW202 is for self-sponsored foreign students. (Download Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship)
How to Apply for China X visa
1. You may submit the application to the consular office of the Chinese embassies, consulates, or China Visa Application Centers (CVASC) in person.
2. Or you can entrust someone else (e.g. friends, relatives), a travel agency or a visa agency to act on your behalf if you can’t come personally. Power of attorney is not required.
3. Mailed applications are refused by most Chinese embassies or consulates, but acceptable in many CVASCs.
4. Appointment is not required by most embassies and consulates. But if you are required to submit application to CVASC, you may need to make an online appointment via CVASC’s website.
The regular processing time is 4 working days. If you want to collect your visa earlier, the express service and rush service are available.
Express Service: 2-3 working days processing; extra US$ 20 will be charged.
Rush Service: 1 working day processing; extra US$ 30 will be charged.
China Student Visa Fees
The fee for X visa is the same with the fee for other types of Chinese visa. Since X1 visa only has one entry and seldom do Chinese embassies and consulates issue multiple-entry X2 visas, here we only list single-entry and double-entry X visa fees for reference.
|China X Visa Types||US Citizens||Canadian Citizens||UK Citizens||Australian Citizens|
|Single Entry||USD 140||CAD 142||GBP 151||AUD 109.5|
|Double Entries||USD 140||CAD 142||GBP 151||AUD 139.5|
For more details, please click China Visa Fees.
Things to Know for X1 Visa Holders
X1 visa holders shall apply for a Temporary Residence Permit from the local Exit and Entry Administration within 30 days upon entry into China. The temporary residence permit can be issued with the validity of up to 5 years. Documents required include passport, admission notice, JW201 or JW202 form, Foreigner Physical Examination Record, a registration of accommodation, and a passport style white-background photo.
Within the validity of the Temporary Residence Permit, students can travel into and out of mainland China freely.
When the study in China ends, X1 visa holders should go to the local Exit and Entry Administration to cancel the Temporary Residence Permit and apply for a 30-day tourist visa with zero entry to avoid problems.
Things to Know for X2 Visa Holders
X2 holders shall stay in China within the duration period as indicated on the visa, and it is not necessary for them to apply for the temporary residence permit. In case that they need to extend the X2 visa, please go to the local Exit and Entry Administration to handle this affair 30 days before the expiration date.
Working on X Visa Is Not Allowed
You are not permitted to work on the X type visa. But part-time work and internships off campus may be authorized. You should contact you university or employer after you have settled in China to see what can be arranged.
For foreign students who work in violation of Chinese regulations or beyond the prescribed scope of jobs or time limit, they shall be deemed unlawful employment and will probably have to stop or be expelled.
China Universities Enrolling Foreign Students
Today, many colleges and universities in China have set classes for foreign students to exchange information and knowledge internationally. We list several of them as follows; hopefully we can help your potential search:
|Tsinghua University, Beijing|
1. Tsinghua University / Foreign Student Office /
No.1 Qinghuayuan, Haidian District, Beijing 100084
Tel: 86-010- 62784857/62784621 / Fax: 86-010-62771134
2. Peking University / Division for International Student Affairs/
Shao Yuan Building 3 / Loutuoqiao, Haidian District, Beijing 100871
Tel: 86-010-62751230 / Fax: 86-010-62751233
3. Zhejiang University (International College)
No.38 Zheda Road, Hangzhou, 310027
Tel: 86-571-87951718 / Fax: 86-571-87951755
4. Fudan University (Foreign Students Office)
No.220 Handan Rd. Shanghai 200433
Tel: 86-021-65642222/64037310 / Fax: 86-021-64037395
5. Huazhong University of Science and Technology (International Student Office)
No.1037 Luoyu Road, Wuhan 430074
Tel: 86-027-87542257 / 87556854 / Fax: 86-027-87547063
|Weiming Lake of Peking University, Beijing|
6. Nanjing University (Institute for International Students)
No.22 Hankou Road,Nanjing 210093
Tel: 86-025-83593587 / Fax: 86-025-83316747 / E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Wuhan University ( The College of Foreign Students Education) 430072
Tel: 86-027-87863154 / Fax: 86-027-87863154 / E-mail address: email@example.com
8. Jilin University (International Office)
No.1505 Linyuan Rd. Changchun130012
Tel: 86-431-5166573 / Fax: 86-431-5166570 / E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Shanghai Jiaotong University (Admission Office of School of International Education)
No.1954 Hua Shan Rd. Shanghai 200030
Tel: 86-021-62821079 / Fax: 86-021-62817613 / Email: email@example.com
10. Sichuan University (International Office) 610065
Tel: 86-028-85403116 / Fax: 86-028-85403260
11. Zhongshan University (International Student Office)
No. 135 Xingang Xi Rd., Guangzhou 510275
Tel: 86-020-84036465 / Fax: 86-020-84115621 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Xi’an Jiaotong University (Foreign Student Office)
No. 28 West Xianning Rd., Xi’an 710049
Tel: 86-029-82668230 / Fax: 86-029-83234716 / E-mail: email@example.com
13. Harbin Institute of Technology (International Student Office)
No.92, West Da-Zhi Street, Harbin 150001, Heilongjiang
14. Shandong University (International Office)
No.27 Shanda Nanlu,Jinan 250100, Shandong
Tel: 86-531-8564854 / Fax: 86-531-8565051 / Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
15. University of Science and Technology of China (International Affairs Office), Hefei 230026, Anhui Province
Tel: 86-551-3602848 / Fax: 86-551-3632579 / E-mail: email@example.com
16. Tianjin University (International Cooperation Office)
No.92 Weijin Rd. Nankai District, Tianjin 300072
Tel: 86-022-27406147 / Fax: 86-022-27406209
17. Central South University (International Exchange Division) Changsha, Hunan 410083
Tel: 86-731-8879256 / Fax: 86-731-8710136 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
18. Nankai University (Office for International Academic Exchange)
No.94 Weijin Rd. Tianjin 300071
19. Southeast University (International Students Office)
No.2 sipailou, Nanjing 210096
Tel: 86-025-3792797 / Fax: 86-025-3615736 / Email: email@example.com
20. Tongji University ( International Students Office)
No.1239 Siping Road , Shanghai 200092
Tel: 86-021-65983611 / Fax: 86-021-65987933 / E-mail1: firstname.lastname@example.org
21. Beijing Normal University (Office for International Students’ Affair)
No.19 Xinjie Kouwai Rd. Beijing 100875
Tel: 86-010-58807986 / Fax: 86-010-58800823 / E-mail: email@example.com
22. Beihang University (Foreign Students Office)
No.37 Xueyuan Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100083
Tel: 86-010-82316488 / Fax: 86-010-82316488 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
23. South China University of Technology (School of International Education), Guangzhou 510641
Tel: 86-020 -87110592 / Fax: 86-020-87110560 / Email: email@example.com
24. Xiamen University (Admission Office), Fujian 361005
Tel: 86-592-2184792 / Fax: 86-592-2180256 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
25. Dalian University of Technology (School of International Cultural Changes), Dalian 116024, Liaoning
Tel: 86-411- 84708897 / Fax: 86-411-84708897/ E-mail: email@example.com
26. Northeastern University (Foreign Student Office)
No.3-11,Wenhua Road Heping District Shenyang, Liaoning 110004
Tel: 86-024-23892157 / Fax: 86-024-23891829 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
27. Renmin University of China (Foreign Student Office)
No.39 Haidian Rd., Haidian District, Beijing 100872
Tel: 86-010-62511588/62516298 / Fax: 86-010-62515343
28. Chongqing University (International Student Office) 400044
Tel: 86-023-65106177 / Fax: 86-023-65106656 / E-mail: email@example.com
29. East China Normal University (Student Affairs Office)
No.3663 North Zhongshan Rd, Shanghai 200062
30. East China University of Science and Technology (Admissions Office, International Education College)
No.130 Mei Long Road, Xuhui District, Shanghai 200237
Tel: 86-021-64253277 / Fax: 86-021-64252280 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
31. Beijing Institute of Technology (International Student Center)
No. 5, Zhongguancun Nandajie, Haidian District, Beijing 100081
32. China University of Geosciences (International Cooperation and Exchange Office)
No. 388 Lumo Road, Wuhan 430074
33. Wuhan University of Technology (International Office)
No.205 Luoshi Road, Wuchang, Wuhan 430070
Tel:86-027-87858005 / Fax:86-027-87658253
34. Soochow University (School of Overseas Education)
No.1 Shizi Street, Suzhou 215006
Tel: 86-512-65112799, 65112780 / Fax: 86-512-65112780 / E-Mail: email@example.com
35. University of Science and Technology Beijing (International Affairs Office)
No.30 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100083
Tel: 86-010-62332942 62332541 / Fax: 86-010-62327878 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
36. Lanzhou University (Foreign Affairs Office), Lanzhou, 730000 Gansu
Tel: 86-931-8912850 / Fax: 86-931-8617355 / E-mail: email@example.com
37. Zhengzhou University (Foreign Affairs Office)
No.75 Daxue Road, Zhengzhou 450052, Henan
Tel: 86-371-7763428 / Fax: 86-371-7970475 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
38. Shanghai University (College of International Exchange) Shanghai 200072
Tel: 86-021-5633183 / Fax: 86-021-56333187 / Email: email@example.com
39. Hunan University (Students’ Affair & Recruit Office), Changsha 410082, Hunan
Tel: 86-731-8821632 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
40. Nanjing University of Science and Technology (Office of International Students)
No.200 Xiao Ling Wei, Nanjing, 210094
Tel: 86-025-4315428 / Fax: 86-025-4431622 / Email: email@example.com
41. Nanjing Normal University (School of International Culture and Education)
No. 122 Ninghai Rd., Nanjing 210097
Tel: 86-025-3598378 / Fax: 86-025-83717160 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
42. Southwest Jiaotong University (Foreign Affairs Office), Chengdu 610031, Sichuan
Tel: 86-028-7600343 / Fax: 86-028-7605147 / E-mail: email@example.com
43. Yangzhou University (International Office)
No.88 Daxue Road (South), Yangzhou 225009, Jiangsu
Tel: 86-0514-7971850 / Fax: 86-0514-7352262 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
44. Capital University of Medical Sciences (International Exchange Center)
No. 10 Xitoutiao, You’an Men Beijing 100054
Tel: 86-010-63051095 / Fax: 86-010-63051045 / Email: email@example.com
45. Northeast Normal University (Students Studying Abroad Section of Internation Coperation and Communication Department)
No.138 Renmin Street, Changchun, Jilin Province 130024
Tel: 86-431-5685722 / Fax: 86-431-5683784 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
46. Hunan Normal University (International Exchange and Cooperation Office)
No.36 Lushan Rd. Changsha, Hunan
47. Zhongnan University of Economics and Law (International Student Office)
No.114 Wuluo Road, Wuchang District, Wuhan 430060, Hubei
Tel: 86-027-88044547 / Fax: 86-027-88044548 / E-mail: email@example.com
48. Nanjing University of Technology (International Students Division)
No.209 Xingzheng Building, Zhongshan North Road No. 200, Nanjing 210009
Tel: 86-025-3587-060 / Fax: 86-025-3467-323/ E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
49. Beijing University of Technology (International Student Office)
No.100 Pingleyuan Chaoyang District, Beijing 100022
Tel: 86-010-67391465 / Fax: 86-010-67392319
50. Ocean University of China (Foreign Affair Office)
No.5 Yushan Road Qingdao 266003
Tel: 86-532-2032173 / Fax: 86-0532-2032799
51. Beijing Jiaotong University (International Cooperation and Exchange Office)
Shangyuancun 3, Haidian District, Beijing 100044
Tel: 86-010-51688312 / Fax: 86-010-62255671 / E-mail: email@example.com
52. China Medical University (International Exchange Office)
No. 92 Second Road Heping District, Shenyang 110001
Tel: 86-024-23266040 / Fax: 86-024-23265539 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
53. Yunnan University (Chinese Language Center for International Students of Yunnan University) Kunming 650091, Yunnan
Tel: 86-871-5033559 / Fax:86-871-5148513 / E-mail:email@example.com
54. Hohai University (International Cooperation and Education Office)
No.1 Xikang Rd. Nanjing 210098
China Embassy in Bangladesh
Ambassador: Mr. Li Jiming
Address: Plot 2&4, Embassy Road, Block-1, Baridara, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Tel: +88-02-9887923; 01760503035 (only available in holidays)
Fax: +88-02-9896878; 9880188
Office Hours: 09:00-12:30, 15:00-17:00, Sunday-Thursday (except holidays)
Consular Office of Chinese Embassy in Bangladesh
Tel: +88-02-8856064 (15:00-17:00 only)
Office Hours: 09:00-12:00, Sunday – Thursday (except holidays).
Regular Fee per Person
|Types||Bangladeshis Citizens||American Citizens||Citizens of Other Countries|
|Single-Entry||2050 Taka||9800 Taka||1460 Taka|
|Double-Entry||2550 Taka||9800 Taka||2190 Taka|
|Multi-Entry with 6-month Validity||3600 Taka||9800 Taka||2920 Taka|
|Multi-Entry with 12-month Validity||6000 Taka||9800 Taka||4380 Taka|
|Hong Kong Visa/ Entry Permit||1800 Taka||1800 Taka||1800 Taka|
Expedited Service Fee per Person
The regular processing time is 4 working days. For urgent cases, you can apply for the expedited service. Moreover, additional service fee will be paid as following:
|2-3 working days processing||1750 Taka|
Requirements for Application
1. Valid passport (at least 6 months before expiration) with blank pages and copy of the data pages and the photo page if it is separate;
2. One completed Visa Application Form with one passport photo.
3. Proof of legal stay or residence status (applicable to those who not applying in their country of citizenship)
L visa for tourism:
For tourism, documents showing the itinerary including round-trip air ticket and proof of hotel reservation are required, or an invitation letter issued by individual/entity should be provided.
Applicants who wish to travel to Tibet, Original Tibet Entry Permit issued by Tibet Tourism Bureau (Tel: 0086-891-6834313, Fax: 0086-891-6834632) is required, applicants can contact a travel agency to get the Tibet Entry Permit for you.
F/M visa for business:
Original and copy of Invitation Letter issued by a relevant entity or individual; Invitation letter or Confirmation letter of invitation from Authorized Unit of China.
X visa for study:
Original and copy of the Admission Letter issued by a school or other entities;
Original and copy of Application Form for Study (JW201, JW202);
Z visa for employment:
Original and copy of Employment License for Foreigners issued by Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security of China, or Work Permit issued by the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs;
Original Invitation Letter or Confirmation Letter issued by authorized departments of Chinese Government;
A Physical Examination Report for Foreigner from local public hospitals.
G visa for transit:
An onward air (train or ship) ticket with confirmed date and seat to the destination country or region.
Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
1. According to the new arrangement made by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR, from December 11, 2006, nationals of Bangladesh must have a visa to enter the HKSAR for any purposes, such as direct transit (not go out of airport), ordinary transit (go out of airport) and visit, excluding following situations:
A. Diplomatic/service (official) passport holders are free for a stay up to 14 days.
B. United Nations Laissez Passport holders go to Hong Kong or transit Hong Kong to/from a third place for official purposes.
C. Operating aircrew and operating seaman in work go to Hong Kong.
3. The following Bangladeshis including their accompanying spouse and children can apply for visit visa for a stay up to 14 days and Single-Entry or Double-Entry for Transit with a stay up to 7 days.
A. Government officials holding ordinary passport
B. Celebrities in society and business circles
C. Employees of famous large-scale enterprise, including multinational companies, international airlines and shipping enterprises, financial entities, banks, insurance entities and foreign representative. Moreover, they are required to show the Certificate Letter (go to Hong Kong for Business) issued by their company.
4. The other Bangladeshi citizens should directly post their applications to the Immigration Department of the HKSAR. Its address is Floor 6, Immigration Tower, No.7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong.
http://slkjfdf.net/ – Oxeugubof Asatuvice hqq.akbr.gclawyerschamber.com.ruv.eb http://slkjfdf.net/