Malaysia My Second Home
Our Firm also processes Malaysia My Second Home applications. We are an official agent for A2Z MM2H, Malaysia.
Applicants below 50 years of age are required to show proof of liquid assets worth a minimum of RM500,000 and offshore income of RM10,000 per month. Applicants below 50 years old are required to open a fixed deposit account in Malaysia of MYR300,000.00 at any bank with a local branch. This includes local branches of international banks such as HSBC, Standard Chartered, etc.
The State of Sarawak does not allow applicants below 50 years of age, with the exception of individuals over 30 years of age who have children enrolled in schools or undergoing long term medical treatment in Sarawak. http://www.sarawak.gov.my/web/home/article_view/221/279/
After a period of one year, the participant can withdraw up to MYR150,000.00 for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes. However, a minimum balance of MYR150,000.00 must be maintained from the second year onwards and throughout stay in Malaysia under this program.
Note: Fixed deposits (similar to time deposits), in Malaysia are a conservative form of investment with interest rates ranging from 3% to 4% per annum (p.a.). MM2 program announced that effective from first of year 2017 requirement for cancellation of surety bond withdrawn and amount be refunded through e transfer ‘Except for the State of Sarawak Applicants aged 50 and above’ are required to show proof of liquid assets of RM350,000 and off shore income of RM10,000 per month. For those who have retired, they are required to show proof of receiving pension from government of at least RM10,000 per month.
Applicants 50 years of age or older can do one of the following:
- Open a fixed deposit account in Malaysia of MYR350,000.00 with a local branch; OR
- Show proof of monthly off-shore government pension of at least MYR10,000.00.
- Source: http://mm2h.gov.my/index.php/en/home/programme/terms-conditions
Note : In addition to the above, all applicants are required to show that they have sufficient funds to maintain themselves for the duration of the 10-year visa. In practice this means showing at least MYR150,000 in the bank, and a monthly income of MYR10,000.
After a period of one year, the participant who fulfills the fixed deposit criteria can withdraw up to MYR50,000.00 for approved expenses relating to house purchase, education for children in Malaysia and medical purposes. However, a minimum balance of MYR100,000.00 must be maintained from the second year onwards and throughout stay in Malaysia under this program.
For Sarawak Applicants must be over 50 years of age, but the financial conditions are less onerous than the Peninsular Malaysian program.
Applicants in the Sarawak program must EITHER 1) show proof of monthly off shore income /government guaranteed pension funds of RM 7,000 for unmarried applicants or RM10,000 for married couples or RM; OR 2) Open a fixed deposit account of RM100, 000 in a bank or financial institution for single individuals or RM150, 000.00 for married couples.
After a period of one year Sarawak MM2H participants who choose to open a fixed deposit account may withdraw up to RM90, 000 (couple) or RM40, 000 (single) for approved expenses relating to the purchase of a house, car, and education of children or for medical purposes. From the second year on participants must maintain a minimum Fixed Deposit balance of RM60, 000. http://www.sarawak.gov.my/web/home/article_view/221/279/
- Letter of Application (Cover Letter from applicant)
- A copy of resume by the main applicant which include the following information
- Academic qualification
- Working experiences
- Skills or expertise acquired
- One (1) copy of MM2H Application Form – can be downloaded from MM2H website.
- Note : Applicant and all the dependents have to complete the form individually.
- Three (3) copies of IM.12 Form (Social Visit Pass )
- One (1) original copy – can be downloaded from MM2H website/obtained at Immigration Department.
- Two (2) Photostat copies
- Note : Applicant and all the dependents have to complete the form individually
- Four (4) coloured passport size photographs
- Copy of Passport/Travel documents (all pages) with certification on the pages with personal particulars
- Note : Copy of previous passport is required if applicant/dependent (s) has renew his/her passport within the last 12 months.
- Letter of Good Conduct from your relevant government agency
- The police authority of the applicant’s home country; or
- The Embassy of the applicant’s home country based in Malaysia provided that the LGC issued by the Embassy has made a reference to the respective police authority and the LGC must be attested by the Embassy.
- Self declaration on your/dependents health conditions – Form can be downloaded from MM2H website
- Certified copy of Marriage Certificate (if accompanied by spouse)
- Certified copy of Birth Certificate/legal documents (if accompanied by children/adopted children/step children/parents)
- Letter of Confirmation from Medical Specialist/General Practitioner (if accompanied by disabled children above 21 years old)
- Statutory Declaration by principle applicant to bear all expenses and financial requirements during the stay in Malaysia for dependents;
- Certified copy (s) of latest 3 months’ bank statement /other related financial document(s) to indicate the financial capability to support stay in Malaysia
- Latest 3 months certified copies of pay slip / income statement (if employed) / pension slip etc
- Authorization letter from applicant to Malaysia My Second Home Centre to verify the financial documents, job and salary with the relevant parties.