- Einstein International Postdoctoral Fellowship – Fellowship sponsored by the Einstein Foundation for postdoctoral research at a university in Berlin. You can find out more about studying a PhD in Germany.
- Heinrich Böll Scholarships for International Students – Scholarships for international students at all levels wishing to study in Germany at an accredited institution.
- Humboldt Research Fellowships for Postdoctoral Researchers – Postdoctoral scholarships for scientists and scholars of any subject and nationality. Students from developing and emerging countries may be eligible to apply for a Georg Forster Fellowship.
- Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) Scholarships – Monthly master’s and PhD scholarships are available for international applicants under 30 who have completed a university degree in their home country. You’ll need to provide evidence of an above-average academic performance, have been actively involved in voluntary work for the benefit of society in your home country, and have an interest in political issues.
- Kurt Hansen Science Scholarships – Science scholarships to study in Germany, funded by the Bayer Foundation and open to students who are training to become educators in the field of science.
- Marie Curie International Incoming Fellowships (IIF) for Developing Countries – Postdoctoral research scholarships for international students wishing to study in Germany. Funded by the European Commission. More scholarships for students from developing countries are available.
- Mawista Scholarship – Scholarships for those studying abroad while taking care of a child, including those pursuing study in Germany.
- Deutschland Stipendium – Merit-based scholarships of €300 a month are available to highly talented students enrolled at German universities. Nationality and personal income do not affect your chances of being considered.
- The Helmholtz Association – Annual fellowships are available for doctoral and postdoctoral students from around the world, giving them the opportunity to do paid research at a Helmholtz center in Germany.
Non-government scholarships to study in Germany
Germany is a tuition free study destination for the international students and one of the top countries in the world where many QS ranked universities are located.