University of Adelaide
The University of Adelaide (informally Adelaide University) is a public university located in Adelaide, South Australia. Established in 1874, it is the third-oldest university in Australia. The university’s main campus is located on North Terrace in the Adelaide city centre, adjacent to the Art Gallery of South Australia, the South Australian Museum and the State Library of South Australia.
The university has four campuses, three in South Australia: North Terrace campus in the city, Roseworthy campus at Roseworthy and Waite campus at Urrbrae, and one in Melbourne, Victoria. The university also operates out of other areas such as Thebarton, the National Wine Centre in the Adelaide Park Lands, and in Singapore through the Ngee Ann-Adelaide Education Centre.
The University of Adelaide is composed of five faculties, with each containing constituent schools. These include the Faculty of Engineering, Computer, and Mathematical Sciences (ECMS), the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of the Professions, and the Faculty of Sciences. It is a member of the Group of Eight and the Association of Commonwealth Universities. The university is also a member of the Sandstone universities, which mostly consist of colonial-era universities within Australia.
Studying at the University of Adelaide, continuously ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide, will challenge and inspire you. We will give you a rich campus experience and the very best academic preparation to achieve in your chosen discipline and to equip you with the knowledge and skills to make a real difference.Adelaide is a great city for international students. It has a bustling, energetic city centre and is renowned for its festivals, cultural life and sporting events.With multiple intakes throughout the year, you can start when you are ready.
Postgraduate coursework degrees offer flexible study options to help you manage your life while working towards your career outcomes. They are skill and practical based degrees with lectures and tutorials.
Postgraduate research degrees will help you to make an impact in your chosen field of study. They are specialised and research-intensive, and based more around one-on-one interactions with a supervisor.
The university is divided into five faculties, with various constituent schools:
- Faculty of Engineering, Computer & Mathematical Sciences: Australian School of Petroleum; School of Chemical Engineering; School of Civil, Environmental & Mining Engineering; School of Computer Science; School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering; School of Mathematical Sciences; and, School of Mechanical Engineering.
- Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences: University of Adelaide School of Dentistry; School of Medicine, School of Nursing, School of Public Health, School of Psychology
- Faculty of Arts: Elder Conservatorium of Music; School of Humanities; School of Education; and, School of Social Sciences
- Faculty of the Professions: School of Architecture, and Built Environment; Adelaide Business School; School of Economics; and, Adelaide Law School.
- Faculty of Sciences: School of Agriculture, Food, and Wine; School of Physical Sciences; School of Biological Sciences; School of Animal and Veterinary Sciences.